Quest Management System (QMS) Program Director
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World’s Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
- • FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
- • Forbes® Global 2000
- • Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
- • Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
- • Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
- • Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
- • Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
Quest Management System (QMS)
The Quest Management System (QMS) is Quest Diagnostics’ approach to using a set of proven tools and methodologies to drive successful execution of, and results from, key initiatives and day-to-day work. It is the structured way we manage, lead, and solve problems. It is built on 7 practices:
- • Process management
Quest Diagnostics follows a 10-step approach to continuous improvement that is also consistent with the world-renowned Project Management Institute (PMI)’s 5 phases of projects: Initiate – Plan – Execute – Monitor – Close. Page 3
This position will lead a team of QMS generalists and specialists through a variety of projects to apply Quest Management System (QMS) principles and tools. This position acts as a change agent and role model to help reinforce the desired behaviors and embed QMS tools and methodologies into our normal way of doing things. This position will also be responsible for coaching others to learn and apply QMS principles and tools to their daily work.
This will ensure Quest Diagnostics is efficient and effective in the delivery of its services, solutions, and processes while improving customer and employee satisfaction.
- • Drives the learning, application, and adoption of QMS tools and methodologies
- • Coaches other employees on the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to QMS in order for Quest Diagnostics employees to build self-sufficiency, sustainability and scalability
- • Leads his/her own projects and working teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close projects
- • Leads projects through issues, roadblocks, and problems
- • Shifts between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details
- • Ensures all appropriate tools are completed and used effectively (e.g., charter, gantt chart, status updates)
- • Performs root cause analysis on project shortfalls and takes corrective action as necessary
- • Applies continuous improvement tools and techniques, as well as other QMS principles and tools, toward a variety of large or complex problems. Actively identifies root causes of issues and designs solutions that address them
- • Leads efforts to implement Process Control and Management (process definition, documentation, ownership, metrics, and monitoring systems)
- • Facilitates workshops and targeted improvement events to help teams quickly achieve strategic objectives
- • Works with local team members to identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities
- • Works with functional and site leaders as a "thought leader" to create future state improvement roadmaps with clear executable plans that are in line with the business strategies improvement needs
- • Works with local team members to instill effective daily work management behaviors, such as daily metric review
- • Contributes toward building a grass-roots culture of continuous improvement
- • Demonstrated experience leading large and complex projects from initiation to completion (10+ years)
- • Demonstrated experience using structured problem-solving skills: uses a systematic, disciplined and data-driven approach that identifies the root causes of various issues and designs solutions to resolve them
- • Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement, process management, or system thinking
- • Proven track record in facilitating discussions or workshops
- • Skilled in statistical analysis
- • Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple formats: formal presentations, meetings, conference calls, e-mails, and memos
- • Participation in Communities of Practice
- • Formal training in project management or continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Lean, Theory of Constraints) desired
- • Process Management training
- • QMS Project Management Certification (internally administered)
Skills and Behaviors Critical for Success in the Role
- • Results-oriented
- • 0-25% travel expected (expectations shown are targeted ranges; actual travel required will vary by project and can exceed or go below targeted amounts)
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.