Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow..
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are seeking a Program Director in our National Security Business Unit, Cyber Business Line, Trusted and Assured Microelectronics portfolio. As the Program Director, you’ll live our core values – Unity, Creativity, Collaboration, Excellence and Appreciation. The position is located in Dayton and/or Columbus, OH with travel to regional sites as required.
At Battelle Cyber, we solve the toughest problems in the world. We take a cross-discipline approach to invent and apply new technologies to support MINSEC and ERI efforts to secure the microelectronics supply chain for government and commercial clients.
- The cost, schedule and technical oversight of the MINSEC Program Support Services program
- The development and maintenance of the Program Management Plan
- Implementing change management and supporting quality control and safety processes
- Overseeing program metrics for customer and corporate requirements and strategic initiatives
- Supporting the customers strategic MINSEC initiatives in support of program office goals
- Supporting business development, captures and proposals associated with MINSEC and ERI
- Recruiting, selecting and mentoring project, technical and task leads
- Supporting the National Security business unit and Cyber business line planning processes
- Communicating with diverse audiences including customers and clients, senior management, scientists, academia and the community
You know how to motivate staff and teammates, are driven and comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You thrive in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, collaborative environment. You are strategic, adaptable, and flexible. You meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics the Physical Sciences or equivalent
- 10+ years of project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience supporting OSD, DoD CIO, AFRL or a DoD Lab
- Experience leading large research enterprises of >$25M annual business volume, 10 or more subcontractors across multiple business locations
- Experience with system engineering trade-offs and guiding project, technical and task leads
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to executive level management and customers
- Experience leading a team of experts in physical sciences developing novel techniques, instrumentation and processes on a complex technical infrastructure
- Willingness to travel to regional office sites and partner locations across the United States
- US Citizenship with a TS clearance
- Graduate degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics the Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Microelectronics or foundry experience
- Experience implementing EVM on a research program
- Experience with Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS)
- Experience providing services for Education and Workforce development
- Experience leading niche capability providers, instrumentation vendors, academia
- Understanding of commercial and non-traditional contracting processes
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers