The National Security Agency employs a wide variety of business professionals who play a critical role through budgetary and contract activities that support our nation's security every day. We rely on the skills of our acquisition, finance, and accounting professionals to support the internal infrastructure of a federal agency comparable in size and budget to Fortune 100 companies. You formulate and execute budget resources, develop and allocate manpower resources and even provide guidance on implementing policy on cost, finance, and accounting. Start a career where you become a steward of taxpayer dollars, seeking the greatest return that money can provide: a superior intelligence service for the safety and security of our nation.
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
In support of the NSA mission, as a Program Manager (PM) you will be responsible for ensuring the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle of a program to realize mission outcomes. While operating at a high ops tempo, the selectee will interface with various levels of personnel, management, and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors. PMs leverage their expertise from a variety of areas (e.g., computer science, systems engineering, infrastructure and logistics, intelligence and language analytics, among others) to effectively and efficiently deliver the programs that protect the nation.
Description of Position:
We are seeking passionate Program Managers to lead and shape the future of program management functions. Entry-level PMs will be hired directly into an organization or hired into the Program Manager Development Program (PMDP) - a 3 year development program that combines advanced training and diverse work assignments, followed by a 1 year post obligation in a Program Manager position.
As an entry-level Program Manager at the NSA, your responsibilities may include:
- Establishing and managing cost, schedule and performance baselines for programs
- Implementing best practices and processes to track progress of services and development of capabilities in terms of defined cost, schedule, and performance outcomes
- Adjusting priorities and resource allocation based upon objective program performance data
- Providing metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data
- Establishing governance processes for program and related reviews.
- Overseeing testing that satisfies DoD/ODNI/Industry guidelines while demonstrating that an acceptable level of customer expectations have been assessed and met.
- Leveraging data and analysis from systems engineers, configuration managers, contracting officers, and/or financial managers to inform program performance measures.
- Providing program status reports and briefings to internal management, NSA senior leadership and government oversight officials in the DoD, ODNI, and Congress.
- Collaborating with senior leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to help develop a strategic vision and goal for the organization.
SkillsThe ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning; who possesses strong communication (both oral and written), problem-solving, and interpersonal skills along with a great eye for detail; and who is adaptable. Strong preference given to applicants with a major in a Business Field (e.g., Program Management, Business Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, and Economics) or a Technical Field (e.g., Engineering, Systems Management, Computer Science, and Information Technology).
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is desired:
- Leading people and/or projects
- Understanding information technology and telecommunications products, programs, tools, and processes
- Working effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Managing multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Effectively using Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Project)','jobQualifications':null,'jobHowToApply':'To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DCIPS DisclaimerThe National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
Pay, Benefits, & Work ScheduleSalary Range: $47,016 - $74,759 (Entry/Developmental)
On-the job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
If you choose to participate in the Program Management Development Program a condition of your employment will be contingent upon the following: During this three-year commitment you will receive specialized training and rotate throughout the business organization. Following successful completion of the program you will assume a position within NSA's Business Management & Acquisition Organization to fulfill a one-year post program obligation.
Position SummaryThe National Security Agency employs a wide variety of business professionals who play a critical role through budgetary and contract activities that support our nation's security every day. We rely on the skills of our acquisition, finance, and accounting professionals to support the internal infrastructure of a federal agency comparable in size and budget to Fortune 100 companies. You formulate and execute budget resources, develop and allocate manpower resources and even provide guidance on implementing policy on cost, finance, and accounting. Start a career where you become a steward of taxpayer dollars, seeking the greatest return that money can provide: a superior intelligence service for the safety and security of our nation.