The Strategic Real Estate (“SRE”) organization provides customized solutions and makes strategic decisions, utilizing data and information to optimize the long-term value of U.S. tower assets. The Real Estate Solutions team focuses on the oversight, implementation and execution of customized solutions designed to maximize the profitability, efficiency and longevity of assets.
The Program Manager, Real Estate Solutions will establish and implement vision and execution for Drop and Swaps, Strategic Relocations and/or Takedowns and asses the operational impact of Tenant Terminations. While identifying key metrics, program analytics and financial forecasting, the Program Manager assesses the customers’ needs and creates optimal solutions. The incumbent will develop a thoughtful and advantageous program strategy that allows the company to optimize existing assets and drive strategic and financial results. The Program Manager will also utilize a cross-functional approach to strategically position the Company’s portfolio in order to sustain future growth on quality assets. The incumbent will be a subject matter expert on the associated Real Estate Solutions programs and provide leadership across key organizations to develop the appropriate customer solutions that achieve targeted financial performance. The incumbent must have strong working knowledge of the wireless and real estate industries.
- Creates and leads solutions to optimize existing assets and drive strategic and financial results for assigned product type.
- Develop and execute comprehensive process documentation that is reliable and repeatable for all programs. Including thoughtful and integrated system optimization to allow for a streamlined and transparent experience for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create a systematic and strategic approach to manage all Programs within assigned product type to their optimal potential.
- Provide guidance and strategic direction to cross-functional teams, with direct oversight of the program(s).
- Identify and implement process and cross-functional initiatives that create a more productive environment for all programs.
- Present to management monthly, quarterly and annual operational reports identifying, among other items, the various metrics that impact the company both strategically and financially
- Ensure all projects are properly tracked by the team and provide real-time information with focus on milestone data integrity in order to easily communicate program updates and expected timelines.
- Collaborate directly with the Operations, Legal, Sales and Finance teams to develop best practices, adapting to changing business needs or drivers and ensuring stakeholder alignment.
- Identify and implement systems optimization opportunities geared toward leveraging the team’s efforts.
- Ensure all applicable processes, procedures and policies are supported, documented, well communicated and adhered to in a consistent and repeatable manner.
Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and manage the performance of Project Managers, the number of which will depend on current needs.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create strong collaborative team environment and successfully matrix manage employees at all levels who are not direct reports.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Proven Project and Program Management skills with a disciplined approach to consistent implementation.
- Proven ability to analyze data, formulate recommendations and implement process improvement solutions.
- Ability to foster a team environment and promote a culture of excellence.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate cross-functional team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others to provide well-rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office suite; exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 7 years of combined program and project management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years telecommunications industry experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with contract and/or lease applications and decommissions preferred.
- Project Management Professional credentials preferred
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.