Under direction of management, Program Manager II is responsible for managing the administration of complex enterprise wide and department specific finance operations programs and projects with high visibility to external customers, vendor relationships and cross-departmental interfaces through project management and analytical support. Responsibilities include project plan management, IT & vendor business requirement documentation, user acceptance testing and implementation & development of/or updates to workflows for: complex corporate initiatives, program changes, new applications, application enhancements, process improvements & other finance operations related initiatives. Program Manager II is also responsible for managing assigned ongoing regulatory programs and the implementation of new regulatory programs for finance operations. Working closely with finance operations management, this role will ensure there are effective ongoing operational and regulatory business processes and will facilitate the development of analytical reporting. Also responsible for participating in the broker compensation team's processes and initiatives, which requires collaboration with sales staff and the broker compensation system vendor. Program Manager II will mentor the Program Manager I, specifically on shared projects and tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
* Responsible for managing the timely and accurate integration of large, complex & cross-functional corporate initiatives for all lines of business into existing finance operations programs and processes, as well as the implementation of new programs & cross-functional operational business processes into the department. This includes creating and managing a project plan, identifying risks, opportunities & solutions, documenting business requirements and communicating technical requirements with both internal and external customers efficiently and timely. Responsible for participating in and/or leading enterprise cross-departmental project team workgroup meetings. Also responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all user acceptance testing (UAT) and analysis related to maintenance, upgrades and enhancements in support of finance operations programs.
* Responsible for managing assigned ongoing regulatory programs and the timely and accurate implementation of new regulatory programs into the finance operations department, working with the business analytics team. Also responsible for evaluating the accuracy and efficiency of ongoing regulatory business processes, including ensuring consistency across business lines. This includes leading cross-departmental project team workgroup meetings, documenting/communicating key decisions and/or changes to regulatory programs and developing and/or updating workflows, policies and procedures.
* Responsible for ongoing vendor relationship management of assigned vendors. This includes working collaboratively on the vendor selection for new finance operations applications/services, documentation and analysis for corporate agenda meetings (CAM) & project management. Manage multi-faceted vendor initiatives to ensure smooth implementation. Drive successful and timely completion of vendor project commitments. Also responsible for the vendor management of all new and existing finance operations vendors through contract maintenance, service level agreement (SLA) monitoring, statement of work (SOW) review and invoice maintenance.
* Participate in broker compensation processes and initiatives, including the development and implementation of the annual broker compensation plans and other key system enhancements. Responsible for providing back up support to manager in the review and processing of the monthly broker commission payouts & ERISA Form 5500 reporting run. Also responsible for managing the validation of the annual broker bonus payout, including resolution of related bonus data issues with the vendor in a timely and accurate manner.
* Responsible for managing the ongoing maintenance of processes and applications for finance operations. This includes submitting and monitoring information technology (IT) service requests, representing the department at IT global prioritization (GP) meetings & working with IT and vendors to resolve system, data feed, and reporting issues in order to meet deadlines.
* Perform other responsibilities as required, including providing analytical support for other finance operations areas/programs, responding to internal and external audit requests, documenting policies and procedures, and participating in other departmental initiatives as needed.
* Education: Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
* Experience: Minimum five years of experience
* Previous experience in accounting, finance and/or operations, within the healthcare insurance industry preferred.
* Prior experience in program/project management as well as mentoring and providing oversight to more junior staff highly desired.
* Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt to changing processes and timelines.
* Proven ability to perform in dynamic situations, manage multiple, complex responsibilities, and be effective working autonomously to meet multiple deadlines.
* Requires the ability to analyze and resolve complex operational issues and the ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate issues.
* Excellent process management, project management and analytical skills.
* Independent judgment, critical thinking and timely and sound decision making abilities.
* Excellent problem solving, team collaboration, and relationship building skills are essential.
* Demonstrate flexibility, commitment and resiliency in times of business and organizational change.
* Ability to interpret new regulations and business ideas and understand the finance operations implication to processes and applications.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as partnering skills with all departments & organizational levels across Tufts Health Plan as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, and government agencies.
* Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Technical proficiency in relational databases, database applications, Cognos and SQL query writing is a plus.
* All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential.
* Employee will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional Requirements:
* Must be able to excel in a fast paced business environment and handle multiple priorities.
* Must be able to work in excess of 40 hours per work as the job may require, including evenings and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled