The Critical Connection Between Careers, Workforces, and Business Performance…Talent Is the Final Frontier
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with.
So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor in Project Management, who works independently with minimal supervision, overseeing all aspects of small or moderately complex projects. This position provides support for project management activities on moderately complex projects.
They will develop, edit and implement project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects (e.g., resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions and dependencies). Manage work-streams, prepare status reports and interface with stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution are aligned with defined objectives. Coordinate and communicate the activities of project personnel with relevant stakeholders to ensure progress within time and budget constraints.
- Builds, drives and manages relationships with internal business leaders and ensures their continued alignment, engagement and achievement of business outcomes
- Manages moderately complex projects or pieces of a larger project end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Establishes and manages an appropriate project governance structure, and manages all project stakeholders and project team members in the successful delivery of the project, including managing their tasks, project workload, and deadlines.
- Ensures comprehensive scope document is in place at the start of the project, and continuously reviews the scope document as the project progresses and suggests changes of scope, as appropriate.
- Actively manages all project risks and issues, and ensures Lessons Learned on projects are shared with colleagues and recommendations adopted are implemented.
- Liaises with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Provides accurate and timely cost estimates for project work where requested, together with providing regular reporting on project spend and addressing any cost issues.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with project teams, third party providers, clients, etc.
- Provides technical support and input to the Manager on project proposals of average to difficult complexity.
- Ensures projects and programs follow the Marsh Project Delivery Life Cycle
- Researches and provides recommendations on new best practice standards.
- Provides project/program management expertise and guidance to the regional, divisional, and global project management community.
- Recommends corrective actions on projects, if required. Holds teams and individuals accountable for meeting timelines and milestones
- Collates and tracks program status information and project artifacts at various stages of a project lifecycle (finances, resources).
- Ensure projects are on course and follows the approved PMO methodology.
Bachelor of Science
Project Management Methodology Certification preferred
Ability to lead one or multiple projects, across varying business and functional units
Capable of leading meetings with various cross-functional teams
Worked closely with stakeholders, sponsors and clients providing direction to project definition
Effective communication skills with Senior Leaders
Strong experience creating and maintaining detailed Project Plans.
Fluent in Program/Project Management tools including MS Project
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.