Job ID: 11656
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4 billion. The Company has more than 15,000 employees at nearly 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are nearly 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
The AMETEK Thermal Management Systems Division (TMS) is the preferred choice and global value supplier in the aerospace, defense and high performance industrial market for thermal management, heating, cooling and environmental control sub-systems.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager for the Hughes Treitler business unit to lead the efforts for new development programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as Program Manager/Leader for development programs
- Generate and update Program Management Plans (PMP) which include
Executive Technical Summary
Risk mitigation plan
Review of customer Technical Specifications and SOW (Statement of Work) and generate Compliance Matrices
Qualification Test Matrices
- Lead/Coordinate/manage the activities of the Program Team, as well as procurement and operations for NPI activities
- Conduct PDR/CDR’s (Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews) as well as other reviews for programs with the customer.
- Track / Control Budgets & Schedule for programs, as well as Scope Creep and price changes
- Prepare monthly budgetary report for Engineering/MFG/Purchasing and Tooling expenditures versus Estimating budget for NPI project
- Engage in Proposal activities as deemed necessary by V.P. of Program Management
- Review customer contracts/PO's, RFP's, Coord Memos, SOW
Coordinate and organize the following:
• Flow of activities in the Engineering Department (Core sizing, Design/Drafting, Structural analyses, Test Documentation & testing, SDRLs)
• Critically evaluate Designs for Performance and Structural capability
• Liaison with customer for detailed product definition and functionality.
• Prepare for and participate in design review meetings as design progresses
• Conduct Drawing reviews and MRR (Manufacturing Readiness Reviews) with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing and Quality departments prior to production release
• Co-ordinate final design and engineering design changes
• Review and Approve test and qualification procedures
• Interface with vendors and HT shop personnel to insure schedule is on track
• Lead Investigation and troubleshooting problems arising during manufacture of product
• Lead Investigation and generation of RCCA for Test failures and anomalies
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a BS/MS degree (MS preferred) in Mechanical Engineering,
• 3-5 years experience in engineering/manufacturing positions
• Aerospace experience a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to lead small interdepartmental groups toward common goals
• Ability to perform multiple functions/projects simultaneously
• Communications skills: written, verbal and presentation
• Ability to communicate subject matter in the mechanical engineering environment with customers, vendors and internal personnel
• Heat transfer, Fluid dynamics, Mechanics of Structures fundamentals
• Knowledge of design principles, manufacturing processes and assembly techniques
• Computer literacy: 3D solid modeling system, Computational software, MS Office
AMETEK offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.