Reports to Project Administration Manager
Responsible for assisting several Project Managers
Submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Knowledge and Experience: Construction background - 3 to 5 years' experience working as a project assistant in the construction field.
- Microsoft Office 2010 - advanced level
- Word - must know how to work with tables, graphs, reformat documents, insert headers and footers, and insert file name and path.
- Excel - must know how to create spreadsheets with simple formulas
- Outlook - must be able to work with multiple calendars, schedule appointments
- Be able to type business letters, memos, etc. with proper format and grammar.
- Professional demeanor, ability to converse with clients and customers.
- Ability to meet deadlines efficiently and calmly.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Screen calls as necessary.
- Keep calendars up to date and make appointments as needed.
- Setup conference room for meetings; greet clients.
- Open mail.
- Print plans as needed.
- Make travel arrangements as needed.
- File and archive all correspondence and Project Manager Job Books.
- Keep Project Managers' offices/desks neat and organized.
- Assist Project Managers by preparing all necessary back up relating to change requests, change orders and cost estimates.
- Type and process Cost Estimates. Keep Cost Estimate books up to date.
- Distribute contract documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications, and general conditions. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents.
- Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners.
- Type meeting minutes using Project Manager's notes and distribute in a timely fashion.
- Prepare correspondence for Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc. Examples of referenced correspondence include, but not confined to the following items: Schedule of Values (SOV), project schedule, memos, and request for information (RFI), transmittals, submittals, commencement, delay and substantial completion letters.
- Daily communication with Project Managers to manage and prioritize tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.