Responsible for daily test related activities pertaining to hydraulic, environmental, electro-dynamic, pneumatic and burner based testing. The Project Engineer will act as a liaison between the customer and the laboratory to insure test specifications are completed properly and in a timely manner. The Engineering Manager Deputy assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Engineering in his absence, including, but not limited to, project workload and priority assignments, customer issues, financial updates/evaluations, sales team support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Engineer will work closely with the customers, as well as sales and operation teams, to fully understand testing needs and be responsible for all aspects of testing activities, including, but not limited to:
- Develop accurate quotation with sales team. Support team with technical detail to help understand project scope.
- Work with fabrication team to develop necessary fixtures to support tests.
- Become competent in testing systems using hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-dynamic, burner and environmental systems.
- Lead test planning, execution, data analysis and report delivery (required to work closely with operations/technicians).
- Clearly communicate with operations / technician’s project requirements and timing.
- Support the test cell automation testing including calibration, data acquisition and equipment programming.
- Directly interact with customers to provide best-in-class service.
- Accountable for meeting test and development project objectives.
- Works with the test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment in timely manner.
- Oversee job management database to verify completed tests are invoiced correctly. Target revenue of %24100k/month.
- Work with operations to develop and improve test procedures.
- Support the quality team and follow the Quality Management System (QMS). Identify potential quality issues and risk factors.
- Ensure best engineering practices are followed.
- Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes.
- Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness.
- Represents the company at meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- All duties of the Director of Engineering fall to the Engineering Manager Deputy in his/her absence.
- Project workload flow to engineering team and prioritize tests with the operations team.
- Support the resolution of customer issues (complaints, corrective actions, equipment needs, etc.)
- Perform financial updates/evaluations through OB and relay status during team meetings.
- Support sales team through verification of new project feasibility and quoting.
- Perform all other requirements set forth by the Director of Engineering.