SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Orlando, FL laboratory is looking for a Project Management Assistant (PMA) to join their team. The PMA will become familiar with the complexities of the ongoing project work within their functional working group and offer assistance for the project managers.
The Project Management Assistant:
- Processes sample orders for all matrices and collection media types and coordinates delivery and pickup of sampling supplies and samples.
- Executes change orders, upon client instructions, to modify or add to the specifications originally requested on the chain of custody.
- Reviews login information daily as entered into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and request corrections or modifications as needed.
- Informs clients of any sample receipt anomalies and provides technical support for the resolution of such issues.
- Assists in processing subcontract requests to internal and external labs for testing not offered within Dayton, NJ lab.
- Manages subcontracting and subcontracting data to ensure timely delivery of analytical reports to clients.
- Takes overflow phone calls. Assists clients with requests related to sampling, reporting, billing, etc. and takes messages as needed for the project management team.
- Makes or returns specific phone calls as directed by project managers for their ongoing projects.
- Provides coverage for project managers within functional group – both email and phone calls – should a project manager be absent.
- Scans chains and assists log in with paperwork as needed.
- Checks on TAT and on time report delivery for project managers on your team.
- Assists login department as needed in overflow and/or coverage situations.
- Knowledge and concern of environmental issues is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) is a must.
- Ability to work with and train on industry specific laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Effective communicator who can work under minimal guidance and multi-task with shifting priorities each day.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.