SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
This position is responsible for overseeing projects from their creation to completion. This includes, but is not limited to: creating and sending proposals, setting up and scheduling projects, promoting safe work practices, facilitating internal and external correspondence, supervising and managing job resources from start to finish, overseeing and implementing billing and budgets. This position requires professional interaction with Drilling Division staff, clients, vendors, and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
- Creates quotes for all size and drill method projects
- Completes documents for bid packages and questionnaires
- Attend pre-mobilization, bidding, kick-off and leadership site meetings
- Work with clients and staff to develop logistical plans for projects
- Work as “problem solver” throughout project
- Obtains Permits for scheduled jobs in multiple States
- Obtains Utility Mark Outs for all jobs in multiple States
- Brief clients on progress of project
- Produce and track any project change-orders
- Submit draft and final invoicing to client
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- 5 years environmental drilling / consulting experience
- Experienced with hollow stem auger, sonic, air & mud rotary drilling, rock coring, packer testing and other associated drilling methods/actions
- Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Clean driving record
- Drug & Alcohol testing prior to hiring
- Individual willing to work extended hours. Typical work week 45+ hours Mon-Friday, infrequent weekend training attendance required.
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from West Creek, New Jersey office
- Some travel
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.