Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is an innovative, rapidly evolving, and highgrowth sector in a fast-paced market that requires and rewards dedication and professionalism. The role is to manage the on-time and in-budget delivery of critical ‘opportunity’ projects as well as those for some of our Key Accounts, all with consistently excellent customer service. This requires outstanding organizational, planning, communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills when working intimately with our growing and increasingly diverse local customer base and our specialized internal teams globally.
Reporting to the Project Management Office Manager, you will maintain and enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring that customer requirements and all targets are met, providing excellent service at every stage of the project.
- Manage product delivery, service, and campaign/rework projects
- Responsible for contract compliance, managing deviations, and successful execution
- Primary point of contact internally and externally for assigned projects
- Draft and drive project plans including milestones, critical path, dependencies, resources, etc
- Cost modelling, tracking, and reporting for assigned projects
- Follow documentation, file, folder, and storage policies
- Define communication strategy and reporting mechanisms/processes for assigned projects
- Capture, analyze, mitigate, and communicate risks; lead and contribute to formal Risk Reviews
- Schedule internal teams and external service contractors nationwide
- Coordinate production, engineering, logistics, service, quality, interoperability teams globally
- Deliver and promote best practice in Health & Safety approaches and processes
- Capture learnings and evolve processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery
- Other duties commensurate with assigned projects and the evolving role
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering with minimum 5 years project management experience in an electrical product or related industry
- Experience with power distribution/utility electrical products and power electronics
- Proven track record managing contracts valued at >5MUSD; Experience modeling, tracking, and improving project costs and track record implementing and evolving processes
- Ability to handle a significant number of projects and other tasks simultaneously; Significant technical acumen, experience managing technical projects
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, Visio, Teams) and SAP
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, communication, negotiation, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% based upon business need
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.