SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We are looking for a dynamic Project Manager to join our team. This person will manage all communication with clients to identify needs and propose service scopes accordingly. The Project Manager prepares proposals for clients in our proposal system based on client needs, manages Health and Safety audit and inspection projects worldwide for American- based clients, and coordinates with clients’ operations management and analyzes clients’ requirements to resolve issues in operations at the central and affiliate level. The Project Manager manages all communication with affiliates with regards to audit volumes, audit prices and level of resources needed, in close collaboration with the global H&S team. The Project Manager ensures an optimal level of customer service with oversight and mentoring of contract PMs in the US and Canada, monitors effective implementation of operations for all projects in all affiliates with a view to improve and increase margins, and coordinates audit and inspection activities with subcontractors and SGS affiliates globally.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Management of projects’ performance
- Efficiently implement project teams including affiliates and contractors to deliver on contract requirements
- Oversee and improve project financial performance at affiliate level with process improvements in operations
- Support affiliates in meeting client’s SLA
- Monitor planning and audit schedules to ensure resource gaps are promptly identified, solutions timely implemented and delays avoided
- Participate to contract performance reviews and ensure data presented is accurate and complete
Affiliate and contractor management
- Train affiliates and contractors on contract requirements to deliver defined service scopes;
- Support in resolving conflicts between teams on contractor or affiliate level;
- Participate in decision making related to staffing of projects for key team members;
- Actively ensure that affiliate and contractor staffing is sufficient for the audit/inspection volumes required per contract
New contracts/projects set up
- Manage set up of new H&S contracts: identify staffing requirements, maintain SOPs and communicate with affiliates globally
- Understand client needs and set-up new contract teams accordingly
- Act as global contact person for affiliates with regards to H&S projects for US based clients to ensure all objectives (SLAs) are met
- Act as the global contact person for communication to all interested parties on contract scope changes and on impacts of such changes
- Achieve recognition of client as key contact for programme implementation
- Liaise with GKAM for any newly identified client need that requires a quotation
- Maintain GKAM informed on SLA’s achievements and/or shortfalls with the provision of root cause analysis for failure and corrective action plans
- Work in close cooperation with Global Quality Manager to ensure all H&S quality procedures (SOPs and quality assurance) are correctly implemented, auditors are effectively trained and monitored and classroom training are planned where most needed.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Experience in Health and safety or Business Administration would also be an alternative
- 5 years + Project Management experience
- Strong management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Affinity to using modern IT systems
- Fluent English + French language would be a plus
- Ability to move smoothly between strategic discussions and detailed action plans
- Able to work independently with regular communication to local and global management
- Able to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Able to interact with clients at all levels with a strong focus on clear and structure client communication
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.