Project Manager - Marine & Ports
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working in the Process Automation Marine & Ports in Miramar, Florida, you will be Leading the execution of small Service projects, ensuring that they are executed in line with procedures, specifications, standards requirements, and targets.
Reporting to the Project Execution Manager (Head of PM), you will oversees all aspects of the project using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for co-ordination and completion of the project and to this end will perform a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of the project. The PM may be responsible for several projects at a time.
This job is located in Miramar, FL.
- Follows ABB policies and business ethics.Works in accordance with ABB procedures using applicable tools. Assesses/Manages project Risks and Opportunities. Ensures that schedules are met, projects are executed with high quality standards, follow the safety protocols, the project s are delivered on time and within budget.
- Conducts meetings to exchange information and resolve problems on assigned projects, Ensures quality and contract compliance.
- Controls contract documents. Examines new contracts to ensure adherence to terms/conditions and specifications.
- Acts as the site manager on some smaller projects. Manages project budget. Monitor/analyze/report contract performance. Determines appropriate revenue recognition.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Works closely with site manager to coordinate site activity. Builds and maintains ABB/Customer relationship / Ensures Customer satisfaction.
- Generates and/or approves purchase orders. Approves invoices, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing. Resolves disputes over back charges, delays, warranties, etc.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, and other metrics.
- Drive project reviews Manages/Reviews change requests, prepares quotes/implement changes, with support from technical and other staff as required. Assists sales/account management to generate quotations and proposals, with support as required.
- High School Diploma, or GED, and 6 years of experience in project management, project execution, marine industry, electrical engineering or diesel engine; Or Associate's degree and 4 years of experience in project management, project execution, marine industry, electrical engineering or diesel engine OR; Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in project management, project execution, marine industry, electrical engineering or diesel engine.
- Open to travel about 15%
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Preferred Qualifications: Project Management Certified - highly preferred; experience with MS Project and SAP. Experience with the cruise industry and/or oil and gas offshore industry.
- 3 years of experience in Service business related to Marine industry, or Electrical Engineering. 3 years of experience in SAP tracking service orders, purchase orders and working time. High awareness of safety and quality in relation to the projects in the field.
- Technical background with Engineering degree. Good sense of urgency to Customer needs / Good Customer relations. Strong understanding of project finance and cost initiatives/Full Cost Model. General understanding of Terms and Conditions / Legal
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.