A large, global medical device company in Irvine has a rare opportunity for a Construction Project Manager. We are looking for a Project Manager assist manage a wide range of construction projects for Global Supply Chain Network.
The responsibilities of this position is as follows:
• Review project deliveries and schedule and provide weekly updates for the status of each project
• Review project schedules and create a large scale project charter and timeline schedule for end users including all activities from start to finish
• Review action items from the design/construction meetings and follow through with the closure of the action items
• Facilitate and manage the end user deliverables for all projects.
• Follow through design comments from end user and report out to construction team
• Follow through Facilities projects with each facility and report out to construction team
• Review and report out on Design/ Construction Program Management Program
We are looking for 1-3 years of design and/or construction experience with relative education. This position will be working directly with global Engineering team's Design and Construction Projects for the Global Supply Chain.
This person will also support the following activities:
• Assist Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
• Provide a monthly status of contracts that have been negotiated for the construction projects and follow up with legal department
• Work closely with Validation, Micro team and end users for facility hand over activities and assist determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials)
• Create budgets for the Validation activities
• Report monthly on project health on budget, safety, Quality and schedule
• Report out on FM Global action items monthly and follow through with the construction team on closure
• Provide a monthly report on vendors and their PO/Payment and issue list status
• Work closely with finance team to review the payment status for all Vendors and report out for the payment health score
• Assist the Construction team to create project health status chart for all projects, Risk, legal, Finance, quality, Validation, Facility start-up and report out monthly
• Assist Construction team on attending meetings, taking meeting minutes, following through with end users and establishing action items with teams.
Qualifications for Construction Project Manager
• Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture
• 5-7 years of experience in project management within construction
• 1-3 years of design and/or construction experience
• Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
• Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
• High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
• Strong leadership and management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.