What Corp Strategy/Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Corporate Development is responsible for providing leadership, direction and expertise to execute business strategy through mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and/or alliances that drive organic and incremental growth opportunities, in close collaboration with business leaders. Business Integration is responsible for recommending, organizing, planning and managing projects and/or programs to effectively integrate business operations and achieve committed results.
The Advisor will be a key member of the Mergers & Acquisitions team, within Corporate Development. The M&A team is responsible for leading and supporting all aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, as well as joint ventures, alliances and strategic investments. This includes working with extensive cross-functional teams and supporting business unit and executive leadership in deal evaluation and execution.
Conduct Thorough and Effective Acquisition Due Diligence:
- Support operational due diligence, including market strength, technology analyses, competitive position and operational effectiveness to validate growth and performance improvement initiatives.
- Assist in analyzing and developing a business case for each acquisition, including building annual operating financial projections and valuation modeling based on diligence findings.
- Work with financial due diligence team to ensure that work supports current and projected performance expectations and financial transaction modeling.
Manage acquisition and divestiture due diligence, valuation analysis, pre-closing integration (or dis-integration) and closing processes:
- Work with BUs to develop comprehensive financial and strategic rationale to senior leaders.
- Identify critical due diligence items that will impact modeling assumptions and inform integration planning.
- Work with Tax, Legal and Accounting in determining deal structure and support preparation for negotiations.
- Work with M&A Integration team to ensure a level and timing of integration consistent with business needs and budget, and transaction model.
- Support the development of the dis-integration plan for divestitures and the development and implementation of transition services agreements.
- BS Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience financial analysis, corporate finance planning, mergers & acquisitions, investment banking, strategy or big 4 accounting
- Ability to identify and monitor key measures to ensure project success
- Advance degree (Master's) preferred
In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
- Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables
- Results Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on, as well as detail oriented.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution, and project-management skills
- Valuation Skills: Superior financial analysis skills, including strong proficiency in excel
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information readily, openly and effectively and keeps team members and partners timely informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
- Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.