Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Project Manager, Enterprise Data at our Tysons, VA location. The primary purpose of this job is to provide Technical project management support for the Enterprise Data and Analytics Initiatives. This includes the creation and management of schedule, scope, resources, risk, and communication plans as they relate to project efforts, identify needed resources, assign individual responsibilities and tasks, focus on more complex work delivered by one or multiple agile teams and notify appropriate management if resource constraints will impact the project timeline.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify needed resources, assign individual responsibilities and tasks, and notify appropriate management if resource constraints will impact the project timeline.
- Manage project scope and day-to-day operational aspects and report scope changes appropriately.
- Utilize project management methods and tools in order to ensure milestones and project delivery are on time.
- Lead the project team in discussion and documentation of lessons learned in the form of the project retrospective.
- Identify and analyze risks, create mitigation plans, and manage risks and issues as they occur
- Work as a liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and project teams to facilitate effective project management.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues surrounding a project in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standard PM practices, especially as it relates to agile.
- Perform basic business analysis when necessary when a separate business analyst is not involved.
- Assist other Project Managers with issue resolution and best practices.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, master’s degree is plus.
- Minimum of four plus (4+) years of project management experience required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience executing data projects, preferably within an Enterprise Data Strategy Program.
- Must have Project management experience in one or more Data management areas such as Data Integration, Data Lake/Data Warehouse implementations, Master Data
- Management, Data Quality, Analytics related initiatives.
- Experience with JIRA or similar tool.
- Experience with various project methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall.
- Excellent writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, sponsors, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
- Experience in planning meetings that include the right people and agendas that makes appropriate use of the scheduled time.
- Experience with identifying and managing project risks and developing mitigation and contingency plans when appropriate.
- Ability to develop working estimate for the project based on inputs from all project team members.
- Proficient in the use of appropriate scheduling techniques in order to determine and manage to target finish dates.
- Ability to identify project stakeholders and establish and execute a communication plan for those stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, to deliver project status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders via project status updates.
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple medium to large projects/efforts to completion simultaneously.
- Proven use of appropriate time management techniques (such as time boxing, to-do managers, etc…)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze project-related data in order to create metrics that will enable improved decision-making for the team and the organization.
Licenses and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or other similar certification is preferred.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.