Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldProject Manager- Security System Design & Installation
PAE is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage complex security systems design, installation and integration projects. This position is based in Alexandria, VA and requires extensive international travel.
- Ability plan and manage projects
- Ability to monitor and control projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with all project stake holders
- Ability to adhere to and manage project scope
- Ability to adhere to and manage project schedules
- Ability to adhere to and manage project budget
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage resources
- Ability to identify and manage project risks.
- Ability to procure and track project materials
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Technology Management, Project Management, Engineering, Construction Engineering or related field of study preferably with three progressive years of experience (experience can be substituted for education)
- Candidates should have a minimum of three years experience with one or more of the following:
- Construction management (electrical/power, cabling, telecommunications)
- Security systems/life safety systems
- CCTV, intrusion detection systems, audio visual systems, or access control systems
- Willingness and ability to deploy to worldwide locations, some of which may be high threat areas, for extended periods is required. Position may be in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach above 98 degrees on a regular basis. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, conduit benders, pipe threaders, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment. This includes being able to work in confined areas, on buildings, underground, as well as in the building security rooms. Conducting work on high elevations on scaffolding may also be required.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day when travelling, some jobs may have varying daily and weekly minimums as needed to complete the project.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.