Are you a strong leader with the ability to work well with cross-functional teams? Do you have experience using JD Edwards or another ERP software system? Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you have two or more years of experience as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, or Construction Superintendent? Do you have strong attention to detail? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The position will provide project management and support for various construction and expansion projects as well as providing a property management/real estate function for certain surplus properties within Wilbur-Ellis Company. While working directly under the Senior Project & Facilities Manager and interfacing with other key stakeholders, the position will assist with various internal projects including developing project scopes, budgets, government entitlements, permitting, construction documents, and contractor bidding. Includes coordinating and overseeing the construction phase of assigned projects. The position will also assist with the selection and direction of outside professional consultants such as engineers, architects, special inspectors, and surveyors. The position will also include the responsibility to provide basic property management functions for surplus properties and real estate management support such as supporting lease negotiation, acquisition/disposition processes, and developing/maintaining detailed real property profiles. This is a very small department with a steady workload.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred, however other acceptable related fields considered.
- Two (2) or more years of previous experience as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Construction Superintendent or significant field experience
- Project management and organizational skills required to carefully document project information including scheduling, documentation, plan review, scope development, bidding, purchasing, shop drawing processing, punch list, and final closeout. Experience in project management certification (PMP, Lean, etc.) is preferred
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and/or Clarizen programs. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs, as well as video/teleconference technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Understanding of regulatory and environmental compliance issues and managing risk
- Will require national travel, expected to be 30% of the time
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Aligned to our Core Values (Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability, Service) and ability to demonstrate accountability and ownership of the Controllership functions
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with the ability to establish relationships with cross-functional teams and team members
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have the ability to represent the company’s best interest to outside professionals/vendors, be able to articulate the roles and responsibilities of project team members and have the ability to work with and through others for a successful project outcome.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Serve as internal contact and support for Wilbur-Ellis operations personnel to assist with facility capital project development, including the development of project scope, needs assessment, budget, cost tracking, design, and construction-related items for the lifecycle of the project. Typical projects include bulk fertilizer (liquid and dry) storage and handling facilities, blending equipment, packaged goods warehouses, administrative offices, land acquisitions, and new facility designs
- Development and adoption of internal policies and procedures for corporate project management systems, including project management processes, documentation/forms, milestone checklists, document revision control, and project closeout process
- Working with internal Operations Managers, provide recommendations and design input to ensure that the final project design maintains operational and efficiency goals
- Coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment from concept to construction to completion. Requires effective communication and coordination with all project stakeholders and internal and external team members
- Approves project-related expenditures including contractor’s invoices, process change orders for additional work, and monitor ongoing costs for adherence with approved budgets
- Conduct field inspections on assigned projects to ensure contractor’s compliance with approved plans, budgets and schedule. Continually monitor the progress of the project and ensure that all milestones are met
- Assists with the selection and direction of external professional consultants such as architects, engineers, surveyors, and contractors
- Assist in the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of a real estate tracking system for corporate/division properties
- Assist in the disposition process for surplus real estate and provide support for property purchases and lease agreements.
- Provide ongoing property management functions for surplus properties managed by the department
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.','EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription':'Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities',
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)