Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment and will be the primary interface with the client focused on ensuring contractual obligations are met on time and on budget, while achieving customer satisfaction in Electrification Distribution Solutions.
Reporting to the Project Management Office Manager, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Create and execute project work plans to meet changing client needs and requirements at various customer work sites in the US, focused in the commercial construction markets and may include, but are not limited to, retail, airports, entertainment, hospitals, education (schools, colleges, universities) and multi-story residential
- Primary customer contact for day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope
- Effectively communicate and negotiate change orders for margin enhancement
- Accountable for revenue recognition, timely and accurate invoicing, and eliminating disputes/past dues
- Manage and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Effectively facilitate project status reviews with clients and internal project team & oversee all interaction with key suppliers and the ordering of materials for the project
- Ensures a clear understanding of the project contractual requirements by the project team
- Identify and suggest improvements to processes and procedures
- Ensure HSE standard is fulfilled during project execution
- Using ABB value pairs increase overall organization effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 3 additional years of project management, engineering or manufacturing and an additional 3 years in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering or project management position.
- Highly Analytical / Clear Thinker with Proven Project Management skills, including creative issue resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- University degree preferably in electrical/energy/mechanical engineering with experience in Electrical Distribution business.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and sense of urgency in dealing with tasks.
- Ability to interface and build strong relationships with customers and management at various levels.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.