SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Dayton, NJ laboratory is looking for a project manager to join their team! The project manager will serve as a client advocate in guiding the successful completion of the clients’ project from the quote request to the final invoice. This position reports into the Client Services Manager.
The Project Manager:
- Aids the client with all aspects of project setup, including the initial quote, supply order, sample receipt, data reporting, and invoicing.
- Acts as the client liaison to the laboratory to ensure all aspects of the project are carried out in the best interest of the client and the laboratory.
- Monitors project status and effectively communicate project status to both the client and operations. Effective and efficient communication is key between all areas of the laboratory and the client and is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Understands all applicable aspects of the client project, including rationale for the project, regulations that affect the project, and the different methods employed by the client and laboratory to produce results. A knowledge of environmental regulations is helpful, including: NPDES. SW-846. ADEC.
- Reviews project data and invoicing before sending final reports to the client.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with both clients and the laboratory to ensure long term, successful relationships between all parties. Staff meetings and client meetings are critical to relay information about past, current, and upcoming projects.
- Promotes a positive working atmosphere and represent SGS in a positive manner inside and outside of the laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure that SGS can fulfill its mission of quality, service, and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Experience in customer service.
- Understanding of environmental data and/or EPA methodology.
- Strong reading comprehension and communication skills.
- Basic mathematics including fractions, decimals, computation, and visual representation of data using graphs, tables, etc.
- Ability to follow written procedures.
- Intermediate PC skills, including email, database, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Sustained standing and/or walking in an office environment.
- General office work, including raising and lowering of objects, computer work, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Well lighted office / laboratory with moderate noise including computers, printers, and light traffic. Regular work schedule.
- Minimal travel required.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.