The GIS manager leads an OSP design work group to complete the design of complex OSPE projects. This requires a broad knowledge of outside plant design practices and standards for aerial, buried and underground for both copper and fiber facilities. Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills are also a must for this position. Also required is a familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Oversee the design of Outside Plant Fiber Network To The Home (FTTH), FTTC, FTTx, to a fully constructible job package and maintain the highest standard of deliverables quality.
- Manage the production of efficient designs for new developments, network construction, and network upgrades.
- Meet or exceed client delivery schedules.
- Establish positive relationships with local customer representatives and third-parties and ensure efficient processes are in place.
- Support finance metric development, reporting and dashboard reporting.
- Performs billing forecasting, business profitability, and billing initiatives.
- Oversee's quality of fielding and drafting.
- Responsible for accurate permit submission and tracking to issue, receive, and account for project permits.
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with large volumes of projects driven by dynamic customer needs.