People in our Project Management roles at Escalent lead the projects internally and externally from end to end, driving the logistics and owning any vendor relationships involved in our work. We have a development path that encourages continual growth. The progression steps include: Associate, Project Specialist, Senior Project Specialist, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Director and Senior Director of Project Management. There is a parallel path of roles called Insights & Consulting which focuses on the data analysis, client deliverables and presenting results.
Project Management positions are accountable for making the project work for:
- The Client (communication / on time delivery / quality / problem solving / sound process)
- The Company (Escalent process / financials / budget / margin)
- Our Partners / Vendors
Who are you?
People who excel in this path are:
- Inherently process oriented
- Solution oriented
- Problem Solvers
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good Communicators
- Can work with people at various levels
- Calm under pressure
What would you do?
- You will work closely with colleagues in Insights & Consulting and Sales & Strategic Growth on bids and cost estimates for accurate pricing of our solutions, and bring a project management discipline to delivering our work on-time, at high quality, within budget and ideally with a healthy margin.
- Upon being awarded the work, you kick off the project with the internal systems and project team
- You are critical to the Insights & Consulting roles as well as our Operations teams and Centers of Excellence in communicating timelines and making sure they are ready to support an on-time, on budget delivery of milestone or final deliverables.
- You will serve as a thinking partner to solve any problems encountered along the way
You serve as:
- The one who “keeps the trains on schedule”
- Minder of the Scope, Time, Cost & Quality
- Owner of project status updates to clients
- Coordinator of resources for the project – whether internal or external
A few other key points…
Project Management Path – What’s in it for you?
- A skillset in the discipline of Project Management to add to your resume
- You’ll gain experience managing project financials and how to mitigate cost overruns.
- You get to practice negotiation skills and how to work well with the vendors or partners we use
- As you gain understanding of the nuances of the types of projects (methodologies), a particular client, the industry (or industries), and Escalent solutions, you evolve into an expert, able to offer consultative guidance to clients and colleagues.
- You become an expert in how we execute the work that we do.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field required. Advanced degree a plus. A combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of four year degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (5 or more preferred) in project management for complex projects/business processes, preferably market research projects.
- Academic and/or practical experience with a wide array of survey or market research methodologies preferred
- Experience with multiple research methodologies and able to recommend the best approach given the client/research needs, markets, modes and budget.
- Successful completion of coursework in graduate-level statistics and survey methodology helpful.
- Relevant industry experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced level Excel skills desired.
- Project management software experience preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must be detail-orientated, self-motivated and exhibit high ethical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with project teams inside the company and clients outside.
- Able to work effectively within a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.