Project Mgr - Network Optimization - Marlborough, MA - Monday - Friday - Day shift
This position reports to the Director Project Network Optimization, and will provide support for enterprise-wide projects and initiatives generated through Invigorate. Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects, Reviews status of projects, project ROI’s; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction, goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, local SLT and line managers.
Support and manage the implementation of Network Optimization initiatives. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Directly managing specific projects and initiatives in lab network optimization to meet targeted results. This will include supporting project plans, managing and facilitating execution, tracking progress and reporting results.
• Managing progress on projects and initiatives being executed by the network optimization Invigorate project teams to meet targeted results. This will include problem solving, directly supporting specific elements of implementation, tracking progress and reporting results.
• Supporting a robust project management process and facilitation, tracking and reporting mechanisms to drive results.
• Championing Invigorate initiatives..
• On time and as expected achievement of operational goals for Network optimization initiatives
• Support the implementation of network optimization
• Effective management of and communication to key stakeholders
• Successful alignment with and support from Physician laboratories impacted by Invigorate initiatives
• Ongoing updates, reports and communications about progress against plans
1. Strong team leadership skills
a. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and execute project plans. Effectively facilitate teams, on-site and remotely. Can work collaboratively with teams as well as drive results.
b. Excellent communication skills across multiple formats: e-mails, memos, conference calls, meetings and formal presentations. Must demonstrate effective writing and verbal communications skills.
c. Demonstrated influencing skills across teams and multiple levels of organization.
2. Outstanding project management skills
a. Demonstrated ability to execute project plans, managing to milestones, effective problem resolution, managing inter-dependencies, driving for results.
b. Demonstrated ability to facilitate projects, including coordination of multiple tasks and timelines, effective communication, coaching and support of teams to achieve results.
3. Project Management Certification, Black Belt certification or equivalent.
4. Subject matter expertise in Project Management and Physician Operations.
5. Working toward long-range goals and objectives, ability to work independently and requires minimal supervision
6. Ability to make decisions and lead initiatives that affect strategic, long-term health of the organization and make decisions that result in the failure/achievement of goals critical to the major objectives of the organization.
7. Ability to travel at least 40% to 60% of the time on average.
• BS or BA required
• Project Management Certification or Black Belt certification
• MBA or MS preferred
• 5 years work experience in managing complex projects and teams.
• Experience working in complex operations environments, ideally in multiple roles or functions.
• Direct experience in leading teams.
• Direct experience influencing senior leaders.
Competencies Critical for Success in the Role
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Presentation Skills
• Written Communications
• Comfort around Higher Management
• Drive for Results
• Timely Decision Making
• Action Oriented
• Managerial Courage
• Interpersonal Skills
• Building Effective Teams
• Command Skills
• Dealing with Ambiguity