Project Planning & Controls Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will ensure that projects have good methodology and are executed well, in line with procedures, measuring schedule and cost-control performance for the projects. You will be working in the Project Execution team in Process Automation Energy Industries.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will perform a variety of activities associated with one or more projects, and assist Project Managers in various aspects of their assignments. Suggest and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve project performance.
- Review customers' specifications and examine new contracts to ensure thorough understanding and adherence to desired contract terms and conditions
- Monitor, analyze, and report on contract performance, and control contract documents
- Maintain a centralized project control process and enforce necessary controls to assure maximum project profitability
- Plan and coordinate major projects and the analysis of new proposals, requirements and specifications
- Initiate price change requests, apply mark‐ups, prepare quotations and implement changes, as appropriate
- Under general direction, resolve disputes involving back‐charges, escalation, delays, extras and warranty charges
- Prepare releases, waivers of lien and affidavits to allow collection of all payments
- Review and coordinate flow of information among various groups and customers, and implement measures to resolve problems, ensure meeting schedule commitments and achieve
- customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business or related field plus 2 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated
- Initiate project purchase requisitions, as defined by project manager and/or lead engineer
- Ensure timely release and accuracy of project invoices as per contract
- Ensure Project Status Reports (PSRs) (USA) / ProMIS are issued monthly prior to project reviews, based on plan agreement with project manager
- Ensure project revenue/cost forecast plans are updated monthly
- Maintain current project schedules, invoicing plans (SIE/BIE), action registers, and change management logs
- Support project A/R collections through timely follow‐up
- Identify/trigger customer Net Promoter Score (NPS) at key project milestones, i.e. design, detailed engineering, customer acceptance testing and/or delivery
- Identify project process improvements
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.