CBS21/WHP-TV, Harrisburg, PA has an immediate opening for a Promotions Producer. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to write, shoot, and edit promos while managing deadlines.
- Meet daily deadlines and adapt quickly to changing news content
- Produce daily news topical promos across multiple stations and platforms
- Work with news and promotions to create cutting-edge promotional spots that build on station image
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as assigned
- Assist with station sponsored events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrative ability to write and edit content that drives tune-in
- Creative reel and writing samples showing depth of experience are a must
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Avid (or other non-linear editing software) and Photoshop programs
- The ability to deliver a powerful message to drive viewership
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography, and composition
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including non-linear editing
- The ability to maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles, while employing strong client service skills
- Proficiency in lighting and videography
- A minimum of 1 year of broadcast experience in promotions with TV News and/or TV Promotion departments is a plus
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- A four year degree is preferred
- Experience using After Effects is a plus
This is not an entry level position. If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! When applying online, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.