WKEF/WRGT/ERGT in Dayton, Ohio has an immediate opening for a Promotion Producer. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to write, shoot, and edit promos while managing deadlines. We are a trusted brand providing the market with local news, weather, sports, entertainment and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. This position reports to the Creative Services Director.
- Producing Syndicated episodic promos, news topical promos, targeted special report promos, news and station image promos, special event promos, billboards, snipes, IDs, Proof of Performance, outside media promos including radio, cable and digital formats, and other on-air content as needed for the stations.
- Create and maintain the “brand” identity in the market
- Demonstrate strong producer skills to further department creativity and to create sales and support material
- Write captivating copy targeted to your audience
- Actively engage in multiple social media platforms
- Work occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Participate in station events (appearances within the community, etc.)
- Log Editing: Serving as backup for filling traffic logs with promotion inventory which includes knowledge and proficiency in OSI or other traffic systems
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot, and edit cutting edge promos while also managing deadlines
- At least two years of promotion experience is required
- Proficiency with Avid (or other non-liner editing software) and Photoshop programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and utilize social media effectively and strategically
- Basic professional shooting skills using HD cameras including DSLR photography
- Experience in news promotion is a plus
- Advanced skills in After Effects is a plus
This is not an entry level position. If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! When applying online, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.