$80,000 - $90,000 a year
Full-timeFull Job DescriptionDirector of Property Accountants
We are recruiting for a Director of Property Accountant to join one of our clients in Portland! This is an opportunity to manage a close-knit team and enjoy a casual work environment. The Director of Property Accounting is responsible for supervising the Property Management Accounting Department, for enforcing and updating accounting policies and procedures within the department and for the Residential, CAM, and Commercial Departments, and for the day-to-day accounting operations of an assigned portfolio of properties.
For consideration, apply directly or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Requirement: What matters most!
- 2+ years' experience in property management accounting in a supervisory role.
- 1+years' HOA accrual accouting
- Demonstrate working knowledge of GAAP principles as they apply to property management accounting.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and preferred experience in property management accounting software.
- RentManager Software experience highly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, mediation skills, organizational skills, high accuracy, flexibility, ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a team environment.
Supervise PM Accounting staff
- Manage staff to ensure company goals are being met, including hiring, firing, and reallocating duties as needed.
- Train staff on company procedures, general accounting procedures, and Oregon/Washington requirements for client trust accounts
- Ensure annual reviews are completed.
- Manage staff time off requests.
Oversee department performance within the company
- Prepare and implement annual department budget.
- Prepare and implement a One Page Business Plan
- Work with all departments to resolve operational issues.
- Oversee communication with Corporate Accounting and property managers.
- Prepare monthly close calendar and distribute.
- Oversee and audit month-end closing checklists.
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial reports for property owners.
- Prepare data for annual client and vendor 1099s.
- Submit year-end financials to CPAs for specific clients.
- Answer questions from clients and property managers about reports as needed.
- Oversee accrual-based reports.
- Oversee monthly bank reconciliation processing and filing.
- Oversee processing and filing on deposits and checks.
- Weekly reconciliation of security deposits
- Maintain bank records on Oregon Real Estate Agency website
- Maintain records in Washington office.
- Review uncleared checks monthly and submit unclaimed property to state annually.
- Respond to audits as needed.
- Oversee opening and closing of accounts.
- Oversee processing of bank signer changes as needed.
- Review client account totals for FDIC coverage
- Manage systems in accounting software (Rent Manager), electronic payables (Avidxchange), and electronic receivables (Paylease)
- Manage user permissions.
- Escalate issues to technical support as needed.
- Manage updates to chart of accounts, properties, units, etc.
- Manage scheduling and deposits of online payments.
- Oversee workflows for electronic payables.
- Import monthly residential rent increases.
- Answer questions and resolve issues for property managers as needed.
Onboarding new accounts/closing outgoing accounts
- Assign new properties to bookkeepers and implement setup checklists.
- Oversee bringing forward financials for new association accounts.
- Manage outgoing property transitions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.