Sabre is currently recruiting for a full-time Proposal Writer. We're looking for a detail oriented individual with exceptional writing skills to work alongside our Business Development Team. Candidate will prepare written proposals by collaboratively developing concepts; gathering and formatting information through interview techniques; writing drafts; and obtaining approvals for final proposal submissions. Candidate will apply the same techniques to develop and maintain reference databases/repositories for technical, management, and past performance boilerplate material. With the support of technical resources, the candidate will be responsible for developing compliant and compelling content leveraging comprehensive technical knowledge and advanced writing abilities in alignment with company branding standards.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: Position can be remote-based or office-based in Lexington Park, MD. Candidate will support Sabre offices located in Lexington Park, MD; Alexandria, VA; Aberdeen, MD; Manasquan, NJ; and Warrington, PA. Remote candidates will need to reside locally within the DC Metro or Southern Maryland area and be able to commute to those offices as needed or required. Travel will be reimbursed for trips to offices outside the local commuting area (i.e., candidates will not be reimbursed for commute to the Alexandria, VA or Lexington Park, MD offices).
Must have 5+ years of experience performing the following duties:
- Actively participates in each stage of the proposal planning process, including strategy meetings, to determine how to translate win themes, discriminators, features/benefits, and other strategy element concepts into compliant and compelling narrative.
- Establishes proposal concepts by analyzing requests for proposals (RFP).
- Collaborates with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) on how to integrate the technical solutions, including methodology, approach, and step-by-step procedures into the narratives and responses to RFP, SOW, and/or PWS requirements.
- Conducts research for areas of technical unfamiliarity.
- Works in conjunction with the Proposal Manager to establish priorities and target dates for information gathering, review, and approval.
- Applies interview and other information gathering techniques to transform complex technical solutions into clear, coherent, cohesive, and concise writing; develops draft responses that incorporate strategy elements; coordinates requirements with contributors; and collaboratively works with technical SMEs and leadership for approval of content.
- Maintains quality standards by following proposal writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone. Ensures one voice and a cohesive story is told throughout all proposal volumes including the technical, management, past performance, and workforce/resumes.
- Revises and edits drafts to meet set standards, including consistency of messaging, alignment to capture plan objectives, and client focus.
- Improves proposal-writing results by conducting recovery of proposal content after color team reviews including rewrites, copy edits, and interviewing SMEs to gain clarity.
- Prepares the presentation of material by evaluating layout of text and graphics to maintain balance. Collaborates with SMEs and Graphic Designer to develop meaningful and visually appealing figures and tables to accompany text.
- Develops and maintains proposal support databases and reference libraries with current and approved content that can be easily customizable for future opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical/proposal editing/writing role
- Strong understanding and ability to comply with the requirements of complex RFP documents from various different agencies
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the Shipley method of proposal development
- Federal Government agency proposal experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- A team player mindset with the ability to work independently
- The ability to think outside the box to find solutions to problems
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in journalism, English, communications, business/marketing or related discipline
- DoD proposal experience
What We Offer:
- Work-life Balance
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience, of course) and benefit packages
- A great work environment that supports new opportunities and helps shape growth strategy
- Team-focused work environment
- Creative team culture
- Rewards and recognition for strong performance
Most of all, we encourage employees to think hard about how we can improve what we do and solve new client changes. If you have the skills, experience, and passion, we want to meet you.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Location: Candidates local to VA, DC or MD
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Clearance to Start: None
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
Travel: Regional (less than 20%)
Telecommute Options: Yes - remote with on-site work as needed
Conditions of Employment: Any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation