The Proposal Writer is a key member of the sales and client proposals group, who will work side by-side with a diverse and expert cross-functional team. The proposal writer unites operational detail, project strategies, and bid compliance to create persuasive and succinct narrative to clearly communicate the company's individual value proposition to each potential customer.
MV's proposal writer is integral to selling MV's service on best value. This position must work closely with the sales team to garner the details of the project; contribute to strategic design of the project; create extensive custom narrative relating to each project scope and customize some boilerplate narrative in a manner that speaks directly to the customer and gains their confidence in our service.
You must get along well with your coworkers, enjoy working on a team while possessing the discipline and drive to work independently. You must be willing to work nights and weekends as schedules require, and to be present in the office during regular work hours.
As a proposal writer, your core responsibilities will include:
- Read RFPs and, in consultation with the business development team, articulate a strategy for response
- Research opportunities and potential customers' initiatives extensively, and share your findings with the team
- Research transit-related subjects to create new boilerplate
- Analyze customer's requirements; draft and write proposals that comply wholly with the RFP
- Interview individuals to gain insight for writing effective and persuasive resumes and biographies
- Adhere to the proposal schedule and all internal deadlines, coordinate proposal team meetings, and collect needed input from stakeholders
- Participate in multiple calls relative to strategy
- Create and update proposal content for multiple product lines
- Track industry trends, company successes, research future RFPs, and proactively plan for new content
- Manage multiple projects while working collaboratively with a large team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintains internal and external deadlines(% on-time)
- Research efforts (peer feedback)
- Strategy development (% contribution/peer feedback)
- Ability to manage volume (% of work assigned)
- Ability to win on value(% win)
- Superior customer service (complaints vs. commendations)
Education and experience requirements
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Psychology, or Social Science and three (3) + years of demonstrated complex proposal writing experience, preferably in public/passenger transportation
- Experience in strategic development and persuasive writing
- Ability to translate complex operational concepts into interesting narrative
- Critical thinking skills are a must, as is creative problem solving and time management
- Transportation sector experience preferred
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Expert or highly advanced proficiency with MS 2013 Office Suite and the ability to perform extensive research is a requirement
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.