SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.Job Summary:
The Biologic Mass Spectrometrist is responsible for performing analytical studies on biologics utilizing primarily, but not solely, high resolution LCMS in a fast-paced leading Contract Research Organization. They are also responsible for performing various tasks in support of laboratory operation and maintenance.Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform MS analyses of biologics. These studies include, but not limited to, protein molecular weight analysis, peptide mapping, protein sequencing, post-translational modifications qualitative and quantitative analyses, and glycan structural analysis using primarily but not solely high resolution mass spectrometry.
- Perform HDX-MS analyses of protein. These studies include, but not limited to, epitope mapping and comparability.
- Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges etc.) following SOP’s and established test Protocols.
- Write and review reports, protocols, and any documentation in relation with the performance of the work.
- Provide Technical input and support LSS West Chester Customer Service Team whenever required.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to meet all necessary regulatory requirements.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- A minimum PhD level scientist with 2-4 years of experience in Protein mass spectrometry or a M.S. level scientist with a minimum of 5 to 7 yrs experience in Protein mass spectrometry.
- Have strong hands-on experience with H/UPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry applied to Large Molecules characterization and quantification
- Experience with de novo protein sequencing (manual and software-assisted data interpretation).
- Industry cGMP experience a plus.
- Be highly motivated, independent and interactive.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues, both internal and external.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Be highly organized and capable of multitasking to meet required deadlines.
- Have ability to focus on critical tasks, give proper attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.