For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries. As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
The Public Sector Compensation and Career Strategies Consultant performs in a primary client relationship role for select clients where relationships are influential, involving contacts at multiple high levels of the client organization with demonstrated ability to impact the a consulting business on multiple levels to include client advisory and service delivery, revenue and profitability growth, enhancement of a business26rsquo; competitive capability through intellectual capital development and other strategic oriented contributions and, investing in the nurturing, development and mentoring of junior staff members. The Consultant has broad understanding of Segal Group26rsquo;s compensation service offerings and, emulates the Company26rsquo;s 26ldquo;one Segal26rdquo; philosophy by seeking collaboration across business units in response to servicing client needs. The Consultant navigates effectively throughout a client26rsquo;s organization at all levels and builds influential rapport as a trusted advisor with clients and colleagues.
The incumbent is regarded by colleagues and clients as a knowledgeable and effective trusted advisor who develops innovative solutions to client problems. The individual contributes to the practice26rsquo;s and firm26rsquo;s thought leadership, research initiatives and develops intellectual capital and/or revenue generating innovation initiatives. The VP demonstrates leadership through practice development, quality improvement, mentoring and helping others to succeed and, contributing to a work culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive.
Client projects are focused in public sector areas and designed to provide broad-based exposure to the design, development, and implementation aspects of compensation and performance management consulting concepts and processes. As such, the VP demonstrates depth/breadth in expertise that is widely recognized and sought both inside and outside the practice area.
- Plans, designs, staffs and manages large-scope client projects; develops implementation strategies and, coordinates and monitors effective project execution and service delivery.
- Manages and maintains client relationships at the Vice President of Human Resources and Business Unit Levels, evolving to executive and 26ldquo;C26rdquo; level contact and relationship building.
- Leads and/or participates in business development efforts for new and existing clients to achieve or exceed assigned revenue and profitability goals.
- Uses quantitative and analytical diagnostic tools to characterize client needs and formulate integrated and appropriate solutions.
- Contributes to practice development through thought leadership (e.g., identifying or developing best practices and, improvements to methods and analytical techniques, enhancing and expanding the practice26rsquo;s knowledge inventory, etc.), publication and public speaking.
- Contributes to the development of staff resources through coaching, mentoring, and/or supervising as well as emulating leadership behavior.
- Advising clients on the design and implementation of employee pay and rewards program solutions that link closely to the client organization26rsquo;s performance management processes and business objectives.
- Planning, scoping, budgeting, resourcing and leading multiple projects that in some instances will be complex and interdisciplinary in nature.
- Acting as a lead or primary interface with the client, responsible for the day-to-day relationship and advising activities.
- Performing as a subject matter expert providing technical advice and counsel to colleagues and clients on the myriad of employee pay and rewards issues to include relevant marketplace trends and developments.
- Collaborating with colleagues on marketing, selling and other asset-building initiatives to grow revenue and profitability.
- May have formal supervisory responsibility for a small analytic team.
- Gathering and analyzing data and reviewing the work product of analysts prior to submittal to lead client manager before distribution to client.
- May include additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Academic: Minimum of a Bachelor26rsquo;s degree.
- Years of experience: A minimum of twelve (12) years of external consulting experience and seasoning or 9 years if an internal candidate with ability to step into a role requiring significant business development, practice development, client relationship and leadership skills as required. Experience could come from professional services, corporate or public sector environments (other industry experience a plus) having sophistication in approach to organization and people effectiveness program development and implementation.
- Work experience: Demonstrated expertise in the design, development and implementation of Compensation and Career Strategies oriented solutions (i.e., evaluating/developing performance management and measurement systems on both an enterprise-wide and targeted audience basis; broad-based compensation and reward structures to include executive and board compensation programs; conducting benchmarking and analysis as a baseline for needs and solution development; career framework and competency modeling; succession planning; etc.). Experience applying expertise within diverse industries in the middle market corporate, public sector, and non-for-profit areas.
- Professional credential: Professional accreditation as appropriate and relevant to the retirement role and marketplace.
- Technologies: Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and use relevant data applications.
- Skills/Traits: Effective relationship builder and communicator (oral/written); analytical, creative problem-solver; innovative/contributor to best practice approaches and techniques; leadership who demonstrates the ideal behavior for others to emulate.
Diversity & Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness and welcome all qualified candidates. We strive to maintain an inclusive workplace, leveraging the power of a diverse workforce to deliver innovative solutions to our clients while maintaining an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with the law. Promoting and supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce is a win-win for Segal, its employees and clients and the communities that Segal serves.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identify or Expression/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.