Our client is looking for a strong Purchasing Agent: This person is responsible for purchasing goods and services for our Supply company to use or resell. Duties include, evaluate suppliers, vendors, negotiate contracts and review quality of products and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Analyze vendor quotations and other data to determine reasonable prices.
- Develop and maintain good clerical practices. (order confirmations, reports, etc.)
- Use available software and resources to maximize effectiveness in purchasing.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems track and resolve shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to update our current min/max levels in our system.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Manager, Inventory Control, A/P and Branch Manager as required.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the best possible price and in amounts to insure the most effective and efficient product levels to support sales and maintain operations.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit RFQ's and review requisitions for goods and services. Manager pre-approval needed on all purchase orders.
- Communicate and distribute the most recent costs for goods and services in a format for quick uploading into our system.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings. (i.e. A/P meeting, purchasing meetings, etc.)
- Compile and maintain buyers list for the company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.