Purchase Inventory Control
· The primary role of the Purchasing/Inventory Control Coordinator is to perform all aspects of purchasing for the Food and Drink Plant Maintenance Department, as well as, for managing the inventory, distribution and control of those items for the plant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Identify the products that are to be purchased, identify the most appropriate supplier for the products, confirm all aspects of pricing, confirm all deliveries and maintain an inventory control database.
- · Strong CMMS skills, a high level of internet and keyboarding skills and be able to interact with all levels of the organization to achieve department goals.
- · Identify the most appropriate supplier for the designated product, determine availability, perform comparative pricing and negotiate pricing, confirm quality of products and establish delivery requirements/timelines.
- · Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, pricing, delivery, utilization and loss. Complete all ordering in a timely manner and within budget.
- · Meet with vendors to review performance.
- · Processes orders, checks on status of ordered materials, receives materials, provides status updates to team members and/or restock bin location accordingly.
- · Performs inventory cycle counts, spot counts and periodic reconciliation process; research any variances for review.
- · Conduct records audit of inventory, adjustments and other metrics and prepare reports of findings to management, as required.
- · Works with department manager to determine purchasing needs and requirements.
- · Dispenses items either ordered at window or at job site.
- · Insures that daily paperwork is completed accurately and on time.
- · Updates department on any new products that may be more efficient, cost effective, or those that are being obsoleted.
- · Inputs and maintains online database of all products.
- · Updates all Maintenance Department MSDS information, as well as, provides Quality Assurance with any additions/deletions to the department chemical list for Food and Non-food Grade Maintenance Items.
- · Obtains return material authorizations for return items, as well as, core exchange items.
- · Completes all tasks while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines to include and not limit to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF and all internal/external audits.
- · Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.