Leominster is a fast-paced, highly complex semiconductor components manufacturing and process development facility. The role will be a site-based Purchasing Associate with strong alignment to the Hirel network, and site operations.
Purchasing Associate will support Hirel Purchasing for day-to-day business activities as well as projects or initiatives.
Support purchases of semiconductor materials, indirect materials, and several projects as required.
This is a business critical role for site operations that will allow the candidate to build their business acumen. Develop strong operational alignment to the manufacturing network and initiatives, aid in developing their ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance, and the opportunity to develop excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders, senior leadership and suppliers.
In your new role, you will:
- Run the Purchasing Daily Reports
- Review deliveries against the orders
- Track the status of any orders and follow through as needed
- Master Data Clean up. Confirm lead time, minimum order quantity, price, etc. Create and submit Open Order Reports to Suppliers
- SAP duplicate number clean up
- Ability to start on an immediate temporary basic is required
- SAP software experience, especially in placing purchase orders.
- Good knowledge of production and inventory systems (SAP)
- Microsoft Office experience
- Purchasing Knowledge
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Strong independence and initiative
- Willingness to effect change and challenge the status quo
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.