QA - Spec Proc Coord- Irving, Texas - Tuesday - Saturday
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
The QA Coordinator, SP assists department management and is responsible for conducting audits of all Specimen Processing processes to ensure the department maintains high standards in quality and compliance. Audits that could be performed by the QA auditor may include Department and individual compliance audits, error tracking, etc. The QA Coordinator also functions proactively in a problem resolution capacity and works to identify and solve issues in regards to processing and testing laboratory specimens. Collaborates with various departments including, but not limited to Specimen Processing, Referral Testing, and Technical departments to research and resolve issues, expedite specimen testing and result reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains confidentiality at all times. Will have access to overall employee and department performance. May have knowledge of disciplinary actions up to, and including termination. May have knowledge related to departmental performance that could be detrimental if released to the wrong environment
• Demonstrates a good understanding of job duties and SOP’s related to Specimen Processing in a production setting
• Demonstrates and conveys an understanding of the compliance policies relating to test ordering, test reporting, add-on tests, TNP’s, reflex tests and custom panels
• Conducts all regularly scheduled departmental audits and others as requested
• Conducts audits comparing the requisition demographics and test information to the information that was entered into the laboratory information system during the data entry process
• Identifies and documents any defects in the data entry process, using department defect definitions as a guide
• Generates daily reports on quality to department supervisors
• Maintains and reports department quality data to include compliance audits and Best Practice Team reports
• Researches, responds, records and submits additional errors regarding department quality to the department supervisor or manager as needed
• Provides appropriate feedback to supervisors and manager when problems arise
• Demonstrates ability to interpret specimen flow/tracking data utilizing all available reports and resources (e.g. specimen logs, work lists, management reports, laboratory information systems, front-end automation, testing instrumentation, etc.)
• Understanding of QC electronic issues; ability to collaborate with IT & Sales on interfaces & technical issues
• Manages projects as assigned that drive quality metrics
• Performs audit of EMR requisitions to include: Pulls reports indicating failed EMRs and logs tickets for frequent offenders and follows up to ensure successful transmission of orders; Identifies discrepancies within EMR requisitions, such as test code or other data, logs ticket and follows up to ensure quality of received orders
Education Preferred: HS diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 3 years Lab experience preferably in production environment; internal candidates must have minimum of one year in PR Tech/Group Leader or related role
• Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
• Previous data/analytics experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Able to sit or stand for long periods
• Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
• Handles multiple tasks and works in a production environment
• Excellent communication skills required
• Maintains composure while working under pressure
• Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems
• Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment
• Demonstrates flexibility and be able to change.
• PC skills in Excel and Word applications with ability to extract and analyze data