SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing the calibration schedule as described in the QMS while using CalMan and ensure quality.
- Responsible for updating and implementing the latest version of methods used in the lab.
- Responsible for verifying that quality procedure are followed and there are no variations from quality procedures.
- Responsible for collecting information concerning Quality Improvement Opportunities and passing the same to the management.
- Maintaining SPC charts where applicable.
- Maintaining and controlling a Chemical Inventory listing.
- Responsible for maintaining a daily checklist for the laboratory.
- Responsible for implementing changes to the quality system.
- Responsible for assisting in quality training and re-verification training including Safety.
- Stay current with latest industry standards and client procedures
- Maintain regular communication with staff and management with regards to quality issues
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Assist in quality audits and perform corrective actions as required.
- Assist in other laboratory workload when workload requires and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Science field or 3 years equivalent laboratory experience.
- Knowledgeable in API and ASTM standards.
- Position requires incumbent to be project minded and potentially work long hours, which can include evenings, weekend / holidays, when needed to meet business commitments.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.