The QC Analyst will ensure all loans are compliant, and properly underwritten (and closed), as defined by current FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, investor, internal, and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain a pipeline of prefunding and post-closing loans to review within the required turn times.
- Fully assess loan quality, eligibility, and compliance of selected loans assigned.
- Ensure selected loans are in compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as the most current FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, internal, and investor requirements.
- Perform review of credit, income documentation, calculations, and assets used to qualify for accuracy and compliance in order to validate underwriter's loan approval.
- Increase process efficiency by identifying potential risk and mitigating factors that may impact the Company through credit decisions and the customer's ability to repay the loan.
- Provide interactive feedback and clear communication throughout the audit process with the Underwriters, Funders, and their respective Managers.
- Regularly communicate and provide audit findings to the QC Supervisor.
- Provide updates, reporting and audit findings to internal workgroup(s), for review and mitigate major defects found, when applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to support the QC business unit.
- Requires minimum 5 years previous experience in mortgage QC, including experience with conventional, jumbo/non-conforming, and government loans.
- Previous experience in reviewing and analyzing mortgage credit packages, AUS findings, and calculating loan ratios and variables.
- Prior working knowledge and experience in the calculation and verification of income and assets, evaluation of credit reports, purchase contracts, appraisals, title commitments, and other loan pertinent documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and work well under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to endure heavy workloads during peak periods.
- Strong working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of audit software Insight and LOS Lending QB preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- Game room, Starbucks daily, resting room, nursing room, and many more treats through-out the month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.