Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Manager Field Engineering 2 and is located in Texarkana, Texas. As a QCS Resident Service Technician, you will be working work independently or as part of a team based on customer/contract requirements. Good communications skills are a must. Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position to deliver contract services, provide sales support, and opportunities for revenue growth. This position will be focused on the ABB Quality Control System (QCS) product lines and ABB 800xA control systems. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Networking software will be a plus. This person will need to be self motivated and self directed to accommodate the numerous customer responsibilities.
- QCS system maintenance, perform hardware and software on measurement and control system equipment, ABB Harmony, and other Process Control equipment. Service engineering skills associated with Pulp and Paper.
- You will develop a good working knowledge of the 1180M, 1190, 800xA, and other ABB quality system machinery as well as customer satisfaction skills.
- Effective skills will vary one a wide range of ABB system types.
- You will develop exceptional troubleshooting skills to put it all together to solve most problems.
- Great communication skills will be a key asset and one that will result in an assertive style of action while maintaining customer empathy.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of Quality Control Systems is a must.
- Knowledge of the 800xA product line would be another key asset.
- The knowledge received can range initially from basic maintenance to application services to allow the candidate to address a wide range of system and process control issues.
- Associates degree desired in electrical, electronics, computer science, or electronics and 8 years of related experience. Experience or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments would be considered.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Electrical Installation, Electronics, Instrumentation, Service and Maintenance, Project Management, Installation and Commissioning.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must have a legal driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Commitment to excellence, communicate effectively, good problem solving skills and system troubleshooting abilities, effective teamwork abilities, technically oriented, analytical, customer service oriented and professional attitude.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.