Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Analyst is responsible for managing the document review group by creating, managing, and distributing quality analysis reports and making recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality assurance analysis of the quality management systems.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the compliance of processes and associated records to company standard operating procedure requirements
- Report findings to Quality Manager and assist in problem solving
- Develop CAPA plans and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage on-time closure of assigned deviations and CAPA’s
- Document results of new procedures after implementation to show quality improvements
- Write and implement test procedures to obtain the defect information needed for analysis and report findings from test and inspection data to management
- Analyze quality inspection data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Analyze plant controllable consumer complaint data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Initiate investigations and support deviation documentation process utilizing the company’s electronic database system
- Assist in collecting and reporting weekly and monthly Quality reports, e.g., First Pass Quality, Complaints, NCR, Deviations, and others as assigned
- Participate in employee quality improvement teams to reduce defects and quality issues
- Monitor the improvement procedure to determine if changes significantly improve the process and the defect quantities
- Maintain documents for Audits.
- Create new processes or modify and improve current processes by setting up clear and definite quality systems and SOPs
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines and interface closely with our Operations, Distribution, Technical Services, R&D and Procurement teams
- Participate in multi-function team activities, support and maintain Quality Systems and perform other assignments as directed by Manager