The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Analyst is responsible for managing the document review group by creating, managing, and distributing quality analysis reports and making recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality assurance analysis of the quality management systems.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the compliance of processes and associated records to company standard operating procedure requirements
- Report findings to Quality Manager and assist in problem solving
- Develop CAPA plans and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage on-time closure of assigned deviations and CAPA’s
- Document results of new procedures after implementation to show quality improvements
- Write and implement test procedures to obtain the defect information needed for analysis and report findings from test and inspection data to management
- Analyze quality inspection data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Analyze plant controllable consumer complaint data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Initiate investigations and support deviation documentation process utilizing the company’s electronic database system
- Assist in collecting and reporting weekly and monthly Quality reports, e.g., First Pass Quality, Complaints, NCR, Deviations, and others as assigned
- Participate in employee quality improvement teams to reduce defects and quality issues
- Monitor the improvement procedure to determine if changes significantly improve the process and the defect quantities
- Maintain documents for Audits.
- Create new processes or modify and improve current processes by setting up clear and definite quality systems and SOPs
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines and interface closely with our Operations, Distribution, Technical Services, R&D and Procurement teams
- Participate in multi-function team activities, support and maintain Quality Systems and perform other assignments as directed by Manager