SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator assists Quality Assurance Officer in data quality, integrity oversight, and correction action implementation. The Quality Assurance Coordinator will ensure quality systems are functioning with ASM requirements set forth by the laboratory’s policies and procedures in accordance to the accrediting body and regulatory compliance procedures. This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager with a dotted line to the OI Business Partner.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator:
- Performs regular reviews of the quality system and operational activities.
- Assists in staff training, including data integrity, quality systems, manual integration, QC training, and other training as required.
- Performs laboratory and quality systems internal audits per assigned schedule.
- Participates in external audits from clients and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in reviews and updates of standard operating procedures as needed.
- Performs weekly trending analysis.
- Assists in KPI collection activities
- Assigns and archives logbooks for the laboratory and maintains inventory of controlled documents as required.
- Oversees and processes annual MDL Studies.
- Perform quarterly DOD LOD/LOQ verifications.
- Reviews subcontractor reports.
- Maintains and updates QAPP worksheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned ensuring all minimum OSHA regulatory requirements and facility compliance metrics are communicated, documented and met at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Environmental or equivalent AND
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is a plus.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.