SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will participate in the leadership of the quality, health, safety, and environmental programs including development, implementation, and maintenance of effective systems for achieving health safety and environmental compliance and continual improvement in all areas of QHS&E
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help to develop and implement an effective environmental health and safety management system
- Participate in an internal audit program that will ensure continual improvement of the quality management system
- Assist in external audit programs such as accreditation bodies, governmental agencies, and clients
- Identify, acquire and use tools to evaluate the quality, health, safety, and environmental performance of the organization
- Provide technical support to the business units on quality, health, safety, and environmental related issues including
- RFQ’s and research of new or emerging quality system standards and business opportunities
- Present and provide QHSE training to SGS employees
- With administrative support, track Key Performance Indicators adopted by the management team
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree in HSE engineering or industrial hygiene or equivalent technical training and experience
- Some exposure to, or knowledge of, quality auditing would be helpful.
- Windows-based computer programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Internet savvy.
- Foster teamwork across the organization and be able to work across multiple cultures.
- Work independently and without supervision.
- Be available for travel
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.