The QA Officer’s primaryrole is to assist the QA Manager to implement, maintain and improve thelaboratory’s quality system. Excellent organization and communicationskills are required. Must be able to work effectively with all laboratorystaff. QA Officers will work closely with the management team andlaboratory staff to support the laboratory’s quality system.
The QA Officer isresponsible for following:
- Review/revise/distribute controlled documents (e.g., forms, spreadsheets, procedures, work instructions, etc.)
- Monitor/review MDL studies, LOD/LOQ verifications and other QC studies
- Assist with PE (proficiency evaluation) studies
- Assist with audits (both internal and external)
- Conduct internal audits and test method assessments
- Assist with applications for certification/accreditation
- Conduct root cause analysis and document corrective action investigations
- Implement, monitor and verify closure of corrective actions
- Review RFPs (requests for proposal) and assist with clients’ QAPP (quality assurance project plan) preparations
- Assist with training (including quality system, manual integration, and technical training) and maintain training database
- Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned in order that SGS may fulfill its mission of quality, service and growth.
Additional duties will be based on the aptitude and experience ofthe individual.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Chemistry or related field.
- One to two year’s related experience and/ or training.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build trust, respect and confidentiality.
- Able to work closely with the QA Manager, Lab Director, Lab Managers, Client Services and lab staff.
- Strong organizational and reasoning skills required.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Experience with LIMS and statistical analyses (e.g., control charts, MDL studies, etc) preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applyingfor a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing theon-line employment application because of a disability, please call201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called backshortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employmentinformation, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficultyapplying for a position due to a disability.