- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering, Business Administration or Information Systems and Data Analytics, or a related field
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, a high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of progressive responsibility experience in the field of quality and audit (in addition to the minimum experience requirement below).
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressive responsibility and experience in the field of quality and audit.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Lead Auditor Certification or an equivalent certification such as the American Society for Quality, Certified Quality Auditor Certification (CQA) within 3 years of start date.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Senior Associate is responsible for performing routine to complex quality activities, and employing project management principles to develop quality programs; assess and observe work processes and procedures; test systems and assemblies; diagnose and identify issues and; analyze and recommend solutions while developing, tracking and following up on internal corrective and preventive actions (iCAPAs). The QA Senior Associate ensures successful implementation and sustainability of quality programs and internal reviews in accordance with the department's Annual Internal Review Plan/Schedule to ensure alignment with mission, safety, reliability and customer success of the enterprise and effectiveness of implementation. Additionally, the QA Senior Associate provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Plans and executes scheduled internal reviews that utilize data collected during field assessments, documenting/recording reviews and interviews into draft reports that fully detail findings in a factual and collaborative way to garner support for improvement of key WMATA Engineering & Maintenance, Service Delivery, Capital Program Management, and Safety & Security functions organization wide.
- Reviews and interprets complex documents such as, engineering documents, policies, standard operating procedures, processes, contracts, and work instructions to determine accuracy in accordance with Quality Procedures, internal directives and regulatory requirements.
- Produces complex documents such as, internal review reports, follow-up assessment reports, findings, corrective and preventive action plans, internal review scopes of work, policies, standard operating procedures, processes flow charts, and work instructions, to effectively communicate instructions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Researches and evaluates data using analytical and logical reasoning to gather, review and form a finding or conclusions that support an issue requiring correction or highlighting areas of interest for further investigation.
- Performs problem solving techniques to identify root causes of faults or problems. Utilizes available data, as well as deductive reasoning to understand, explain and address the root cause of issues, which can lead to correction and prevention of reoccurrence.
- Uses information from quality activities and develops solutions to optimize systematic organizational processes. Develops an understanding of organizational functions and operations to provide guidance recommendations for solutions to address and prevent hazards while reducing risk.
- Supports development of internal corrective and preventive action (iCAPA) plans backed by evidential findings and follows-up on implementation of iCAPAs to ensure issues identified within the organization are remediated.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.