Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
The role reports to the Quality Manager and is located in St. Louis, Missouri. As a Quality Auditor, you will be monitoring material for integrity and quality, per defined specifications. The ability to measure, using precision instruments, and read complicated drawings. The work will be in all areas of St. Louis Production Operations. Audits of products/processes to insure they meet the customer’s requirements will be routine. Must be capable of reading, writing legibly, handling daily quality problems with little or no supervision, conducting First Article Inspections and participating in the Internal ISO Team Auditor program. There will be training on the CMM and VMM equipment, defect reporting and Quality documentation. Other duties will be assigned as necessary to meet the quality requirements of St. Louis production. From time to time travel may be required, as will attending off site classes after regular shift (e.g., certification through ASQ is a condition of keeping this position. Will participate in continuous improvement activities.
Pay range is: $21.01 - $26.30 per hour
2nd shift differential .54 cents per hour
3rd shift differential .1.08 cents per hour
Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Assists Supervisors and Managers with follow-up checks on quality problems.
- Obtain samples from material and evaluate for adherence to company specifications for quality.
- Will perform random audits of stamped parts and lamination.
- Obtain samples from outgoing products to ensure that the products meet quality standards.
- Will perform Epstein testing on raw material for incoming and furnace monitoring.
- Will assist in creation of processes, control plans, and work instructions.
- Will use all types of measuring devices, gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Will be required to learn how to write and modify VMM/CMM programs for product analysis.
- Will be required to learn basic statistical analysis.
- Will be required to learn and execute laboratory procedures such calibration and metallographic analysis.
- Will use access database to monitor and disposition non-conforming material.
- Will be required to rework non-conforming material as necessary.
- Performs all duties and functions necessary to ensure quality parts and laminations to meet customer specifications.
- Will be required to obtain the Lean Six Sigma yellow belt certification provided by ABB.
- Will be required to obtain CQI (Certified Quality Inspector) certification under ASQ guidelines within 2 years of starting the position.
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must know basic statistical terms and techniques, how to plot data and how to recognize out-of –control conditions.
- Must know the definition of PDCA and understand the different types of measurement scales.
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and to be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques.
- Must be able to measure using surface plate layouts.
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and know the definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must have general knowledge of ASME Y14.5M, working knowledge of GD&T, and must understand the x, y, z coordinate system.
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots and pull random samples.
- Must have knowledge of testing methods.
- Must be able to identify and report nonconforming material.
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds.
- Must be able to interpret various measuring devices.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good people skills.
- Should have basic knowledge of computers.
- High level math skills are required.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts for overtime, as needed.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.