Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As a member of the site leadership team the Quality Control Laboratory Manager is responsible for the management of all quality activities and process development and/or process optimization. In this role you will also be responsible for coaching and development of the quality team and shift leaders.
- Manage all laboratory operations in the central quality control laboratory
- Manage the global stability program. Ensure that all product families and matrices are covered so that the stability program supports our range of products.
- Review investigation reports to determine any corrective and preventive actions that are necessary.
- Provide logistical and resource support in order to meet throughput expectations and customer fill rates. This includes supply and personnel resources as well as direction for prioritization.
- Review end of study and investigation reports for stability studies to determine corrective and preventive actions.
- Oversee any testing or product issues for raw materials and manufactured products that are tested in the laboratory.
- Work with the Director to create and implement laboratory best practices across the laboratory network.
- Provide coverage for the Quality Managers’ responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Review regulatory and customer audit reports. Implement any corrective and preventive actions necessary in response to audit observations.
- Optimize the testing rationale in the laboratory to optimize throughput while maintaining the correct scheme to ensure the quality of the product.
- Work with the recruiting and compensation departments to conduct interviews and decide on compensation offers for potential candidates.
- Has ownership of and deploys the quality management systems and test plans as defined by Nature’s Bounty corporate policies and procedures
- Creates and manages a fully functioning control laboratory responsible for microbiological and chemical analysis of raw materials and bulk dietary supplements following CFR 111 and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Work with raw material/component suppliers and Procurement to effectively communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Monitor the performance and competency of Quality staff and provide development as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as requested.