Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: 7+ months
The Project Communications Sr. Specialist for IT Communications plays a critical role in supporting the Global IT organization in delivering products and technology to Global Edwards by creating and executing strategic communications campaigns.
In this role, you will collaborate with business unit clients, subject matter experts, and IT teams (developers, architects, project managers, graphic designers, tech writers) on communications and training for IT projects. The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, making complex information easy to understand and experience developing impactful communications/training campaigns for products and technology.
- Provide analysis of audience and develop communications strategies/plans:
- Help identify key stakeholders, sponsors and audiences
- Analyze audience and determine readiness for new technology
- Identify risks and communications/training tactics to address them
- Develop communication strategies, key messages and plans for technology rollout
- Articulate new technology functionality, features and user benefits
- Provide communication guidance to business and IT leaders
- Create impactful content (FAQs, email communications, instructional guides, infographics, roadshows, etc.) and deliver to business and technical stakeholders to streamline technology transition and improve user adoption.
- Collaborate with project team to develop and distribute communication and training materials that ideally will improve adoption of technology and empower users of the technology.
- Clearly communicate process changes and business impact for IT-related projects.
- Background in technology communications, training or marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including customer negotiating and relationship management skills
- Understanding of technology and applications trends and drivers
- Expertise in creating and editing content on tight deadline
- Ability to create and execute communications/training campaigns that drive adoption of technology, build excitement, and engage audiences
- Ability to process complex, technical information into easily understood content
- Experience managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-orientation; and problem-solving skills
- Experience with project management tools such as Basecamp, Microsoft Planner, etc.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
Bachelor's Degree, 5 years of communications experience required
Technology background is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.