Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Assurance Engineer provides overall quality support for manufacturing and quality departments to improve overall product quality. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality and operations background.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to reduce defects and quality issues, and make recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality analysis.
- Collaboration across multiple disciplines, which is critical for the successful implementation of the corrective actions.
- Interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as our Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and Quality.
- Sets and monitors SPC data to ensure delivery of consistent quality. Utilize basic statistical tools to analyze for trends or issues.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and specifications to establish product and process capabilities (Cp/Cpk).
- Identify, develop, and implement process controls to meet customer/specification requirements.
- Develops/authors verification and validation protocols (i.e. Validation Plans, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, validation summary reports).
- Assists and coordinates equipment, cleaning and process validations.
- Participate in and support the maintenance of the Quality Management System and Maintain Quality Department business metrics.
- Lead and / or support thorough investigations of quality issues (CAPA’s, Non-Conformances, Audit Observations, etc.) ensuring effective corrective and / or preventive actions occur.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on process control, improvement, and optimization projects; participate in other continuous improvement projects.
- Performs assessments of any given quality system to determine the effectiveness and dependability of such system.
- Ensures all quality specifications are met for any given product or procedure and suggests methods to bring equipment and work procedures into compliance with quality control standards.
- Direct support of project activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Assist in investigations, which includes interactions with vendors or Supplier Development and Procurement Management for issues associated with raw materials and components.