Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Quality Engineer has the role of deploying and facilitating the quality culture in Electrification Installation Products, ensuring and controlling quality to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations, and representing the customer’s voice within local teams, providing customer experience feedback and input.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will work directly with our Electrification Business Customers and manufacturing plant team to review, analyze, and resolve complaints, issues or problems and will provide recommendations and solutions support across the spectrum of product quality and operational processes of doing business with ABB. You’ll also work closely with our functional departments to confirm that the product design and processes conform to design specifications and will participate in production releases including review of product safety, reliability, and process capability demonstrations.
- Assess and evaluate manufacturing and customer issues and problems that are submitted in the PARRS (Positive Action Resolution and Response) System, with direct accountability for addressing those customer issues within your assigned area of accountability across all product lines manufactured in the Hackettstown Plant
- Direct resolution of product Quality issues in manufacturing including effective correction, containment, root cause evaluation, corrective action, and risk assessment.
- Regularly participate in the following Quality System & Program Activities:
- Evaluation and identification of continuous improvement opportunities of design quality and process yield
- Analysis and review of verification and validation methods used in design release and process capability demonstrations using Quality tools
- Identify and recommend equipment and methods used in measuring product or process quality, while maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping practices
- Support quality planning activities and customer audits on process, products, and the quality system
- Conduct audits of Quality System and ensure compliance with ISO 9001 Standards
- Review non-conforming products within the Material Review Board process
- Clarify specifications and assist in training operators and inspectors to confirm understanding and capability of process and equipment using Quality tools
- Support vendor qualification review, approval and audits and Participate in safety and warranty review of product releases
- GD&T knowledge to be able to review engineering drawings, Knowledge of IEEE and IEC standards preferred
- BS in EE or ME or equivalent, Certification in ASQ-CQE, CQA preferred
- 5 years’ in Quality Assurance arena, plus 3 years’ in Quality Engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in auditing, metrology, SPC, Calibration, Lean Quality Tools & Techniques (i.e. Pareto, fishbone, 5S & 8D)
- Analytical/statistical tools & methods, external requirements, inspection and testing, product/process quality planning
- Proficiency in auditing, metrology, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Calibration, Lean Quality Tools & Techniques (i.e. Pareto, fishbone, 5S & 8D)
- Result driven, good organizational, planning and prioritizing skills, strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Hands-on, data-driven problem solver and change agent with experienced driving continuous improvement to Quality processes, technically savvy and assuring adherence to ISO9001 standards
- Direct experience in using analytical/statistical tools & methods, external requirements, inspection and testing, product/process quality planning is required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.